Omnichannel Contact Center Best Practices
Ready to start your eCommerce journey?Get in touch
- Elision Announced to Exhibit Grievance Management Solution at GITEX 2022
- Elision Will Exhibit DialShree: Omnichannel Contact Center Solution Driven by AI Features at GITEX 2022
- How Does an Omnichannel Contact Center Solution Make a Difference?
- Elision Will Exhibit Custom Product Development Services at GITEX 2022
- Top Reasons to Use a Grievance Management Solution in a Smart City
- Elision Announced to Exhibit at GITEX 2022
- How Can AI Voice Analysis Help Banks in Boosting Client Satisfaction?
- How Can Elision Improve Communication in the Banking Industry?
- Virtual Banking: How Is It Made Possible by DialShree: Call Center Solution?
- Major Productivity Hacks for Call Center Agents in 2022
The omnichannel call center software is now used in almost all industry verticals. It has several advantages to offer such as:
- Increased reach
- Increased agent productivity
- Improved customer satisfaction
- Enhanced branding
- Increased ROI
- And many more
Many call centers use an omnichannel contact center solution. A contact center or call center that uses an omnichannel call center solution is known as an omnichannel contact center. To leverage all the above-mentioned benefits, an omnichannel contact center needs to follow some best practices.
Read on to learn about these must follow best practices.
1. Identify which communication channels your customers prefer
Many call centers try to distribute the volume of support requests on their preferred communication channel. For this, often call centers ask customers to contact the support team via a specific communication channel. For example, if a call center has invested in call center WhatsApp integration, the call center will ask customers to contact via WhatsApp so call volume can be reduced. However, the best practice would be to identify which communication channel your customers prefer. The same rule applies to outbound communication as well. Instead of using a voice broadcasting feature of a call center solution or running an outbound calling campaign using a predictive dialer, the call centers must use an analytical tool or research to identify the preferred communication channel of the customers.
2. Cater to customers via their preferred communication channel
Once a call center identifies the preferred communication channels of customers, it can classify them. The agents should use the communication channels that are preferred by the customer while contacting them and let customers use their preferred modes of communication.
3. Define faster possible response time
Many omnichannel contact centers focus on higher response time to customers that use voice calls because the software automates call routing to the agents. Many call centers also focus on reducing overall waiting time and call hold time to make sure customers are catered to quickly. However, often these contact centers ignore or skip to define the response time for other communication channels such as email or SMS. The customers should receive a response within a few minutes regardless of the fact, which communication channel they use. If this can be achieved, then only using an omnichannel call center solution can be worthy.
4. Train your agents to use the communication channels correctly
It seems there is no rocket science in using different communication channels, which is true. But, what is equally true is often people forget about using the right etiquettes for using specific communication channels professionally. For example, email communication is quite formal and professional. However, an SMS will be short and quick. Agents need to be trained about using different communication modes supported by an omnichannel call center solution more professionally.
5. Monitor and fine-tune
The omnichannel contact center software will also provide performance metrics in the report section. The contact centers must monitor KPIs and keep fine-tuning their strategy to make sure they introduce new best practices, as and when needed.
These are the top 5 tips that you must follow to make sure you make the right use of an omnichannel call center solution.
If you are looking for custom call center integrations to integrate any of the communication channels into the call center software or if you are looking for an omnichannel call center solution, contact us. We provide a feature rich call center solution that can support unified communication.